Please scroll all the way down to read my Public Relations, Web Design and marketing experience.
Public Relations Trainer
First Congregational Church, Hanson, MA 1/2010-2/2010
- Offered a two night workshop on public relations and marketing standards to a team at The First Congregational Church in Hanson, MA. The workshop combined educational presentation from my workbook, along with customized coaching on the groups specific goals and objectives.
Adult Ed Instructor “Groom Your Pet At Home”
Main Street Extension, Whitman-Hanson, MA 10/2009
- Presented a one-night workshop entitled, Groom Your Pet at Home; Students learned the basics of grooming their dog or cat at home and ways to save money in between professional grooming appointments; researched, wrote and designed my own PowerPoint presentation and handouts for the course.
Adult Ed Instructor “Publicity Success”
Main Street Extension, Whitman-Hanson, MA 3/2009
- Through the Main Street Extension Education Department of Whitman-Hanson Public Schools, I presented a three-week evening course titled Publicity Success; researched, wrote and designed my own syllabus and workbook; used presentation techniques and hands on computer training to explore the difference between marketing, public relations and advertising, demonstrated electronic research and distribution tools; assisted students with drafting a professional press release.
Adult Ed Instructor “Publicity Success”
Braintree Public Schools, Braintree, MA 10/ 2008 – 11/ 2008
- Through the Braintree Adult Education Department of Braintree Public Schools, presented a three-week evening course titled Publicity Success; researched, wrote and designed my own syllabus and workbook; used presentation techniques and hands on computer training to explore the difference between marketing, public relations and advertising, demonstrated electronic research and distribution tools; assisted students with drafting a professional press release.
Public Speaker “Outreach and Event Presenter”
Talking Information Center, Radio Reading Service for the site impaired, Marshfield, MA 2001-2006
- Coordinated and presented enthusiastic and informative presentations to promote the radio reading service.
95.9 FM WATD Radio Station, Marshfield, MA 4/01-4/02
- One year commitment as WATD’s Kids Reporter. Coordinated kids friendly weekend events and broadcast live on Rob Hakala and the South Shore’s Morning News Show.
- South Shore Pet.Com
- Standish Humane Society’s Folk N’ Fur Fest
- Pet Expo Day Hanson
- Neponset Valley Humane Society
- The Kitty’s Corner
- Spot-Light Pet Spa
Small Business, Non-Profit & The Arts
Martha Bradford Popadopolous is a gifted script writer and movi
e lover. She has a company called Script Works Boston, and I worked with her to design a company website that will eventually be the home to her daily blog. Her web-site’s goal was to promoter her company, especially her recent script, Road To Shea Stadium, a script about two girls in the 1960′s that go and see the Beetles first Concert in New York City! To learn more about this script and her work, go to www.scriptworksboston.com
Ruth Housman, is a writer, artists and also a teacher at Brandeis University. For over eleven years she has been experiencing coincidences on a daily basis that have woven in and out of the stories of the people and places around her from Boston to the South Shore, and across countries when she travels. Her blog is a platform for sharing her stories which are about love. To read her journey, and experience her coincidences go to www.ruthhousman.com!
An ensemble of five musicians that perform a program called “Eyes That Speak”, using Renaissance instruments while singing and telling stories about animals and sounds of animals. When they coordinate their performances with animal welfare organizations they donate a percentage to that group-it’s their way of helping animals. This program celebrates the human animal bond. I designed a website that their team was able to maintain control over themselves, and I also provided training on how to use the site’s back end area. View Their Website
Coco and Claire McAvoy are a Therapy Dog team and a member of the Reading Partnership, which allows trained dogs to visit seniors and children in hospitals and read to children in libraries and schools. They received their training through Dog B.O.N.E.S (Building Opportunities for Nurturing and Emotional Support) in Marshfield, MA. Coco and Claire have therapy programs available for children. View Their Website
One of my specialties is creating brand identity. Examples include South Shore Pet.Com’s signature gal with a dog in the bag, to Spot-Light Pet Spa’s Shopping Chihuahua to The Kitty’s Corner long time chubby feline. Once I evaluate the targeted market, the business goals and objectives I work with my graphic designer to generate creative eye catching visuals for each brand- and I can do the same for you!
I earned a 2009 “All Star Award” for excellence in e-marketing from Constant Contact for the 2009 South Shore Pet.Com monthly email newsletters. Here is one example of a standard email newsletter sent to our subscriber list.
- Crash The Party Youth Event, Publicist, Spring 2003
- New Hope Chapel, Publicist, Summer 2000, Winter 2001 and Summer 2002
- Team With A Vision 5K Road Race (Now Vision 5K) TIC Representative and Event Volunteer, 9/02
- New England Music Organization (NEMO), Awards Coordinator and Conference Assistant 4/99 and 4/00